Turmeric: Uses for Healthy, Glowing Skin
Turmeric: An Introduction
Turmeric, also known as “The Golden Spice of India” or Curcuma longa, is one of the most common kitchen ingredients. Turmeric is widely used to add color and flavor to food in Asian cuisines. Golden Spice (Indian saffron) has many therapeutic and health benefits.
Turmeric is an annual plant of the ginger family. The plant’s rhizomes are dried and crushed into bright yellow spice. Ayurvedic Medicine has used turmeric for centuries to treat various ailments, from diabetes to skin conditions such as Acne. Turmeric’s antibacterial, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties benefit the skin.
Curcumin is an antioxidant found in turmeric that has powerful chemopreventative properties. It can aid in wound healing and skin regeneration. Turmeric can be used to treat Acne and scarring.
What is the Benefit of Turmeric on the Skin?
Turmeric is readily available in India. Turmeric was once used as a beauty product in nearly every home. The use of this wonder ingredient has decreased due to urbanization and new skin care products on the market. With recent studies confirming the benefits of turmeric in achieving flawless skin and overall health, now is the time to re-discover this golden spice and reap its benefits.
Turmeric has many benefits for treating skin problems.
Turmeric’s antibacterial and antifungal properties help to kill acne-causing bacteria Propionibacterium acnes. Curcumin was 36 times more effective than azelaic acids in treating acne bacteria.
Mixing half a teaspoon with water and applying it to the affected areas is one of the easiest ways to treat Acne. After the paste has dried, rinse it with lukewarm tepid water. You can follow the same procedure by substituting water with coconut, olive, or yogurt.
Removes Scars & Lesions
Acne occurs when dead skin cells, dust, and bacteria clog the skin’s pores. After healing, severe Acne can leave scars.
Turmeric and honey can do wonders for damaged skin cells. Both turmeric and honey have antioxidant properties that can help repair damaged skin cells quickly.
- Mix one teaspoon of turmeric powder with one teaspoon of honey to make a fine paste
- Massage the scars with this mixture.
- After 15 to 20 minutes, wash off the residue with cool water.
Lightens Skin Tone
Turmeric contains curcumin, which helps to reduce hyperpigmentation. It also lightens skin. Exfoliation can help even out the skin tone. Turmeric is a natural exfoliant that can remove dead skin cells and brighten the complexion.
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon chickpea powder with one teaspoon olive oil and one teaspoon turmeric powder
- Mix all ingredients to form a fine paste. Apply the paste to the face and neck in circular motions.
- After 20 minutes, rinse with warm water.
You can use the same method to lighten your skin by substituting chickpea and olive oils with rice flour and milk. These simple remedies should be used at least twice weekly for flawless skin.
Reduces signs of Aging
Aging causes dark spots, wrinkles, and fine lines, which give the skin an aged appearance. Turmeric is a powerful weapon against the signs of Aging. Turmeric contains curcumin, an active ingredient that reduces wrinkles and fine lines.
- Mix a teaspoon of Turmeric with Yogurt to form a thick paste. Apply the paste to the skin evenly and let it sit for 15 minutes. Face wash with warm water.
- Mix a teaspoon of turmeric powder and tomato juice to create a face mask.
- Add one teaspoon of turmeric powder to fresh tomato juice or lime juice. Mix the ingredients well, then apply the paste to the neck and face. After 15 minutes, wash the face with warm water.
- Moisturizes your skin
- Turmeric helps to soothe and moisturize the skin. You can scrub by mixing turmeric powder with rice flour, water, and other ingredients.
- Add equal amounts of turmeric powder to oats powder. Honey can be added to the paste. Rub the paste gently on your face and neck. Let the paste dry, then rinse with warm water.
- To make a paste, combine turmeric powder with chickpea and rosewater. Use the mixture to exfoliate the skin and remove dead cells.
- Reduces Stretch Marks
- Stretch marks can be caused by sudden weight loss, stress, or pregnancy. Turmeric is an inexpensive way to treat stretchmarks as it maintains skin elasticity.
- Mix equal amounts of coconut oil and turmeric powder. Massage gently the mixture onto stretch marks. After 30 minutes, wash off the mixture thoroughly.
- Apply turmeric, raw milk, and chickpea powder to stretch marks. This remedy should be followed at least twice weekly for the best results.
- Remove unwanted hair
- Turmeric is a great way to remove unwanted hair from the upper lip, underarms, and on the arms, legs, and even legs.
- Apply one teaspoon of turmeric powder and one teaspoon of milk to the upper lip.
- Keep it on for at least 20 minutes.
- Rub it gently, then wash it to remove the hair.
- You can use the same method by substituting milk with egg white to remove unwanted hair.
- Do not worry if you notice a temporary staining of the skin after applying turmeric to these simple tips.