THERAPEUTIC MASSAGE: DEFINITION, TYPES, TECHNIQUES.
What Is Therapeutic Massage?
Massage therapy is also used for mental and emotional problems, including stress, anxiety, and depression. Massage therapy is also used to treat mental and emotional issues, such as anxiety and depression.
Massage therapy is also considered a relaxing technique. It can help to reduce tension and induce feelings of calmness and deep relaxation. Massage can also help to reduce feelings of anxiety and fear, and manage other symptoms of panic disorder.
Therapeutic Massage Types
Massage therapists offer a variety of different types of massage. Massages vary depending on their style and the focus of muscle groups. Massages are available in many different styles.
- Swedish massage: a Swedish massage is a popular form of massage therapy that is designed to relax both the mind and body. The massage involves a full body massage, where the person is lying on a massage table as the therapist works slowly through the different muscle groups. Swedish massage helps to circulate the blood, reduce mental stress and relieve muscle pain and tension.
- Deep Tissue: The massage therapist will use more pressure and intensity to work through the muscles. The goal of the massage is to release tense, painful muscle knots, which are often linked with physical discomfort, headaches, and stress.
- Sports Massage: A sports massage is often used by athletes to help with athletic training. This type of massage focuses on preparing the muscles for intense training. Sports massage can also be used to recover muscles after an intense workout or injury.
- Shiatsu Shiatsu: is often referred to by the term acupressure. Shiatsu is an acupuncture-like form of massage. Shiatsu is a Japanese term that means “finger pressure.” In place of needles, like in acupuncture, the practitioner presses pressure points with their fingers. The practitioner believes that pressing these pressure points will help restore balance to the mind and body by releasing energy.
Massage therapy involves massaging the muscles using kneading or rubbing them, pressing on them, or patting their different groups. Techniques include:
- Effleurage: Light or deep strokes are used to relieve tension and induce relaxation.
- Petrissage: This technique involves kneading the muscles to relieve muscle spasms or tightness.
- Tapotement: involves tapping or cupping the skin in order to create a percussion effect.
- Friction: This technique involves the application of small circular pressures to certain points on the body.
Some massage therapists also use aromatherapy oils or tranquil music to create a deeply relaxing and peaceful experience.
What Can Therapeutic Massage Help With?
Massage therapy is used to relieve tension and pain in muscles. It can be used alone or in combination with other pain treatment methods. Massage therapy can also help people with the symptoms of:
- Digestive disorders
- Panic disorder
Massage therapy can reduce muscle tension and relieve symptoms of stress and anxiety.
The Benefits Of Therapeutic Massage
Massage therapy helps you relax and let go of anxiety. Massage therapy can help relieve muscle tension and pain, increase circulation and flexibility, and improve blood flow. Massage therapy is a relaxing technique that can help to manage the flight-or-fight response or stress reaction. This response is usually overactive in people with anxiety disorders.
This fight or flight reaction can cause fearful thoughts or reactions that are often outweighed by any real threat. Agoraphobia sufferers often fear that they will have a panic attack when in a crowd or a confined space. This can be embarrassing and difficult to escape.
Massage therapy can have a counter-productive effect on the body by eliciting a relaxation response, which reduces tension, lowers heart rate, and generally calms a person down. Massage therapy has a calming effect on the human body. It can reduce tension, lower heart rate, and make a person calmer.
Massage therapy is an adjunctive treatment that may be effective for depression and anxiety. You can, for example:
- A second study showed that people with Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) experienced significant reductions in symptoms after receiving therapeutic massage. These improvements were similar to those seen in relaxation-based treatments. This suggests that inducing relaxation is beneficial for those with GAD.
- In a 2018 review, the researchers found that there was at least some evidence to suggest that therapeutic massage could be used as an adjunctive therapy for anxiety and depression. According to the authors, because these treatments are so popular, a collaborative treatment approach that combines traditional therapies and therapeutic massage in auckland could be beneficial for people with psychiatric disorders.
Massage therapy has few adverse effects. In the days immediately following a massage, many people report feeling sore all over their bodies.
You should not feel any pain or discomfort either during or after the massage. Massage can also be contraindicated in certain medical conditions. Consult your doctor if you’re unsure whether a massage is right for you.
You can get help from your doctor with treatment options such as medications or therapy. The massage may help you manage your panic disorder, but it is not a replacement for medical care.
You Can Include Massage Therapy In Your Regular Routine. Treatment Plan You Can Learn How To Cope With Your Symptoms.
Many spas, wellness centers, and salons offer massage therapy. Massage therapy is offered in many clinics and hospitals as well, but it has become more popular as a treatment for mental and physical health issues. Some insurance companies cover massage therapy.
This ensures that you will receive treatment from a qualified practitioner who has met the standards and requirements for their state licensure. You will receive treatment from a licensed or certified massage therapist.
You can find licensed massage therapists through online directories such as the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork or the American Massage Therapy Association. You should let the massage therapist be aware of any areas that you are concerned about. Also, you can discuss your goals for the massage, such as stress or muscle relief.