Masks to Clear Blemishes
You can use a wide range of ingredients. Choose the one that best suits your skin. When you continue to use the same mask, sometimes it stops showing progress. Try another. Test your skin before you apply the mask.
- Blend half a cucumber with one cup of oatmeal. To make a paste, add one teaspoon of yogurt. Apply to the face and cover any blemishes. Leave for 10 minutes. Gently wash with cool water. This mask can be used regularly to soften and smooth out acne.
- It’s easy – grate the cucumbers and squeeze 1/2 cup of juice. Mix well with one tablespoon of sugar. Apply to face and neck. Leave for 15 minutes—close pores by gently washing with cold water. Your skin will glow and clear up.
- Mix one tablespoon of yogurt with one teaspoon of brewer’s yeast. This paste should be applied and left on for at least 20 minutes. Gently wash with lukewarm water. This will help to remove blemishes. Repeat this every other day for two months.
- Make a cup by mashing some boiled carrots. Apply it thickly to the face, and leave it there for at least 20 minutes or until it dries. First, rinse with milk and then cold water. This works well for acne and pits.
- Mix one teaspoon of lemon, one teaspoon of honey, and one teaspoon of rose water. Every night, apply to the face and neck. In the morning, wash with water. After 40 minutes, wash the product if it feels sticky.
- Grate and peel some green papaya. Blend it or mash it well. This thick paste should be applied for at least 20 minutes before washing your face. This paste is excellent for acne and pit marks and gives you a glowing and smooth complexion.
- Make a paste by mixing two tablespoons of green gram powder (moong). Rinse with cool water after 20-25 minutes. This helps to clear pimples and wrinkles. It also moisturizes the skin. The powder can also be kept in a jar.
- Rub a nutmeg on a stone to make a paste, and add milk. The powder can be stored by finely grinding 4-5 nutmegs. Apply this paste to the face by mixing one teaspoon of nutmeg with two teaspoons of cold milk. Let it sit for 20 minutes, then gently wash it with ice. This product removes acne and brightens the skin.
- Castor oil has an excellent reputation for removing pigmentation and blemishes. Use circular motions with your fingers. This should be used twice daily. Use caution if you have pus-filled pimples, as the oil can aggravate these. Avoid using castor oil during pregnancy.
- Take one tablespoon of gram flour. One tablespoon of yogurt can be mixed with one teaspoon to make a paste. It has exfoliating qualities and can also fade blemishes. It is safe and effective, as it doesn’t cause any reaction. You can add a few drops of lemon.
- Make a mask with two tablespoons of sandalwood powder and two teaspoons of rose water. Apply this paste after washing your face in warm water. Leave it on for about 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, wash your face with cool water. This mask is suitable for all skin types.
- Blend 1/2 lemon juice with one egg white. This mask can be applied to the face and neck. Wash it off after it has dried. You can leave it on overnight. It will tighten the skin and is particularly good for open pores.
- Apply the water of a green or tender coconut to blemishes and pigmentation. You can also apply this to dark knees and elbows. It can lighten the skin tone. It is believed that this water removes pox marks.