How to get rid of a blind pimple?
How to get rid of a blind pimple?
Cystic acne or blind pimples are deep, under-the-skin bumps.
They can be very visible or small, painful or reddish. Blind pimples can be difficult to spot, but there are steps that you can take to eliminate them.
This article will explain what a blind spot is and how to safely and effectively remove it.
What’s a blind pimple?
Blind pimples refer to acne that occurs beneath the skin’s surface.
Although the pimple may not always be visible, it is usually felt. You may feel the area irritated or itching.
Most often, blind pimples are caused by a cyst under the skin. They are different from blackheads and whiteheads, which appear closer to the skin’s surface.
Blind pimples are stubborn. You can’t soften their heads or make them “pop.” Sometimes, however, you might be able to get an opening to form at the top of a blind pimple.
How can you treat blind pimples?
It can be difficult to treat blind pimples, but there are many home remedies that you can try. Before starting any home treatment, ensure your hands are clean.
- Do not squeeze or pop: Blind pimples should not be popped because they are too deep below the skin’s surface. They will be more irritated if you try to pop them. Instead of popping the pimple, please bring it to a head and allow it to exit the skin using other treatments.
- Use a product containing benzoyl peroxide: Benzoyl peroxide kills skin bacteria. It is a common ingredient in many OTC acne treatments and cleansers.
- Use a warm compress: Warm compresses may help to ease the pain. These are also helpful once the whiteheads have formed. Use the warm compress for 10 to 15 minutes, three to four times per day. This will allow the pimples to heal and release pus.
- Apply an acne patch: A acne bandage is a small medicated patch that you apply directly to the blind pimple. These patches often contain acne-fighting agents such as salicylic acid. You can buy acne patches online or at drugstores. Follow the instructions for use.
- Use tea tree oil: Tea tree oils contain antimicrobial compounds. They may be an alternative to OTC and antibiotics. Use a product that contains at least 5 percent tea tree oil for maximum effectiveness. Repeat the application twice daily until the blind pimple is completely healed. Tea tree oil should be diluted first with a carrier oil such as olive oil. Tea tree oil can be used daily.
- Use raw honey: Raw honey can be used as an alternative to OTC products. Honey is naturally antimicrobial and can be used to get rid of bacteria. Place a little amount of honey on the affected area, and let it sit for at least one night. You can also mix raw honey with water to cleanse the skin.
Blind pimples that don’t heal easily at home, seem to be infected or are particularly painful should be seen a dermatologist. Blind pimples may be treated with antibiotics or prescribed medication.
There are several clinical treatments that can be used, including:
These products can be used to reduce inflammation and get rid of bacteria that may be causing the blind pimple. These products can be applied around the area affected if you have recurring blind pimples.
A cortisone injection may be used to treat very painful or large blind pimples. Each blind pimple will be treated by your doctor with a diluted solution of cortisone.