HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT CONVEYOR SOLUTION IN 3 SIMPLE STEPS
A conveyor is a mechanical equipment used to move a product between two points. It is a simple technology. The right conveyor is not always easy to choose. The wrong equipment can reduce your productivity and, as a consequence, your profits. This ultimate guide to conveyors will help you make an educated decision.
STEP 1: DECIDE ON THE TYPE
It is the easiest type of conveyor, as it does not require any force other than inertia or gravity to move the products forward. Non-powered conveyers can be used to move goods from one workstation to another or to help employees load the packages into the truck. Skate wheel and rollers are the two most common non-powered types of conveyors. Remember the following main differences between the two types of conveyors when choosing the type you want:
- The Skate wheel is ideal for maintaining the speed of your product. This is a great choice for curved sections because it allows each wheel to move independently.
- The roller conveyor is the ideal way to slow down products that come out of high-speed sorters. Roller conveyors also require less maintenance and are cheaper than skate wheels. Non-powered conveyors have the main disadvantage of not being able to control the speed of the line.
There are many different types of powered conveyors. Belt and roller conveyors are the two most common. Do you know how to select the right conveyor for your needs?
- Belts are used to transport goods.
- Roller ones are good for accumulation.
The size and weight are also important factors. Rollers work well with heavy packages. However, they are not as effective when handling small or light objects. These can easily fall between the rollers or even off. Belt conveyors are better in this situation. Rubber surfaces can be ribbed for a better grip when descending or ascending. Consider the size of the product when choosing the conveyor rollers. At least three rollers should be used per item for a smooth, wobbly-free ride.
STEP 2. CONSIDER IMPORTANT DETAILS
Are you still unsure of how to select the best conveyor belt? It’s not just about choosing the right type.
- Safety All high-quality conveyors have safety features. Install special guards if they do not. Safety comes first.
- Choose a conveyor that has separate modules so you can easily adjust it if necessary. If you can, also go large. The more products and sizes it can handle, the wider the conveyor.
- Calculate the cost of repairing the system if it breaks down before installing any conveyor. Select a conveyor that is easy to maintain and reliable.
STEP 3. PICK THE BEST SUPPLIER
You should not forget to choose a company that can provide you with conveyor systems of high quality. You should look for a company that:
- Has been in the business for a very long time
- Installs and maintains both
You now know how to select the best conveyor rollers suppliers. Invest in high-quality equipment to see your profits soar!