Beauty Tips for Winter Season
In some places, winter is the coldest and most beautiful season. Winter can be a time of long nights and short days. It is also a time for many to enjoy holidays with friends and family or curl up with a book and hot tea. Winter is a time when medical conditions such as arthritis are aggravated. The cold winds can also make our hair and skin dry and itchy.
Winter Skincare Tip
No matter how well we care for our skin, it can dry during the winter. Here are some tips to make your skin soft and supple in winter.
- Use an oil-based moisturizer instead of a water-based one, as the skin on the face is more delicate. The oil will form a protective barrier on the front and help to retain moisture.
- Moisturize your skin at least three times a day. Use body lotions or oils containing avocado oil or other ingredients such as almond, tea tree, mineral, or glycerin to help reduce dryness.
- Water helps keep your skin young and wrinkle-free. Keep yourself hydrated during the winter by drinking lots of water.
- While winter sun can also damage your skin, apply sunscreen on your hands and face before going outside.
- Hands have the thinnest layer of skin and the fewest oil glands. Wear gloves when going outside during winter to prevent cracking and itching.
- It is nice to take a warm bath in winter, but it can cause our skin to lose moisture. It is better to bathe in lukewarm water during the winter.
- Winter Make-up Tip
- Even in the cold winter, women want to look their best. Make-up colors are suitable for the winter season. Here are some tips on achieving a glamorous look in the winter.
- During winter, the type of skin you have is essential. Use a lotion suitable for your dry face and gently apply it all over the face before applying makeup. For oily skin, you only need to use a small amount.
- Apply a liquid foundation with a consistency that matches the tone of your skin to your face. This will give you a smooth, flawless look.
- Apply powder to your face after applying foundation for a flawless look.
- Apply a darker eyeshadow shade, such as browns or grays, to the upper portion of your eyelids to make them look bigger.
- Use a blusher to add color so you don’t appear too pale.
- Apply black mascara to your eyelashes.
- Lipstick or colorless lip gloss will give your lips a smooth, moist appearance.
- Winter Hair Care Tip
- Winter is when we must deal with frizzy and dry hair. Here are some winter hair care tips:
- Dandruff can be pretty common in winter due to the dryness of the scalp. Try hot oil and lemon treatment at least once weekly to eliminate dandruff.
- In winter, wash your hair using lukewarm or cool water. Hot water can make your hair static and frizzy.
- Winter is a good time to deep condition your hair.
- Dry weather can also cause split ends. Hair breakage is caused by too much exposure to cold wind. Protect your hair by covering your head while you are out. After a head wash, use a hair serum or cream to bring shine and smoothness to your hair.